Monday 28 July 2014

#artfromscars project


Next time you bring
A knife to your arm
Think that it drives through me
Next time you imagine
Starving yourself 
Imagine me weak from hunger



I know you look in the mirror
And don't see the vision of perfection I do
But you were never made to compete with angels
So don't try and attain that perfection



The fading scars on my arms are a mark of victory
It shows the lack of new ones crisscrossing my veins
It shows that I have been through great pain
And emerged victorious



So I beg of you, let them be
They are painful to look at
But they are memories
A dark form of 
A twisted sphere of art


This poem was written in honour of a project I have started.
It is called the #artfromscars project where people use their scars from painful memories to create beautiful art and change those memories
The scar cannot be covered to show that you have recovered/ are recovering
Please, please, PLEASE do not scar yourself for this. Draw a scar on(like a plain brown line) and use it
Go wild, draw whatever fancies your mind.
Either send it to me at maddydrewe@gmail.com with subject-#artfromscars and I'll post it on Twitter of tweet me with the hashtag #artfromscars at @RhisjustaReject

No comments:

Post a Comment